Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 9 – A Gift From Heaven

Holy crap. Brad Chambers made it. I cannot believe it. Well, no, I can believe it. Like I said earlier, if anyone was going to have the mindset to stay rational when a bunch o’ zombies are chowing down on customers in your parking lot, it is Brad.
Not only did he make it, he has five survivors with him. Two coworkers and three customers. Kasondra is sending messages back and forth with him via the white board right now.
Honestly, I cannot believe it. Don’t get me wrong. I am ecstatic. To be brutally truthful, God, you kind of owe us one or two. Brad and Kasondra were supposed to get married this month so I think it is divine will that these two have survived. (I swiped this pic from Kasondra’s iPhone.) Tell me these two don’t deserve to be reunited. (Secretly, I am wondering if we will ever get to just stand by a lake and take pictures again. Is a normal life even possible anymore?)
But we are not out of the woods yet. They are in a hardware store. I am by no means a hardware guy but I have been in there a few times. I am sure they have to have snack crackers and some breakroom food but after nine days, they have to be running low on supplies. We have to get them over here. God may send us some assistance but it is going to be up to us…